This is the brand new version of the hugely popular “Data Science for Developers” training from Winder Research. After two years of teaching thousands of Engineers around the world, this training has been rebuilt from the ground up to squeeze in more information, have bigger theories and provide better positioning.
In this advanced-level course, we look at some of the most complex applications of Data Science in industry. This course skips past the basics and steps firmly into production-level territory. There are two themes to this training.
The first goal is to provide you with the tools necessary to run your models in production. Here we focus on how to (not) interpret your models and provide some very good reasons why you might want to keep it simple stupid (KISS). We’ll also look at some tricks and tools that can speed up your workflow tenfold. Finally, ensembles provide an efficient way to solve complex problems. If you think your problem is too difficult to solve, this is the course for you.
The second goal is to look at some of the newest and most complicated modelling techniques that are changing the world today. Namely, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP). These two fields have ballooned rapidly and the content has required a complete rewrite due to new advances in techniques and technology. If you have data that is complex enough, and that’s a big if, then this section will help you deal with that.
Like all the other training, all content is accompanied with practical, hands-on worksheets that demonstrate the content.
Who will benefit
- Engineers with an intermediate-level understanding of Data Science and are ready to move into production or more complex problems
- Beginner-Intermediate Data Scientists wanting industrial experience
- People wanting experience in the production-level Data-Science tasks seen on a day-to-day basis
What you will achieve
The advanced course is split into several self-contained modules that can be tailored to the audience and the time available. This means the content will vary from course to course and can be run over two days in its entirety.
The advanced course represents a specialisation in a particular subject. The topics have been chosen to represent either specific production pain-points or advanced applications of technology. Since this may be the first time you learning about these techniques, care will be taken to work from first principals. You will leave with a solid understanding of the topics and be provided with the confidence to use them in production.
Topics covered in this training
* time permitting
- Model interpretation *
- Model automation *
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Text feature engineering
- Latent information and embeddings
- Deep Learning
- From the ground up
- Multi-layer perceptrons
- Convolutional neural networks
- Recurrent neural networks *
- Grand challenge *
- Intermediate-level Data Science experience. See the intermediate-level course.
- Beginner/Intermediate-level Python knowledge (there will be a lot of code)
What You Need to Bring
- A charged laptop. Workshop resources are online and sometimes we have a lack of power sockets.
- A good night’s sleep
- Humility and a smile